This next portion is really devoted my mom and dad, but anyone who wants to shower me with gifts upon my arrival back the US is welcome. Last night I had a dream and in this dream I went on a shopping spree at Target to buy those little drink packets you can mix in with your water. I was unaware that I missed these little things, but since waking up I have been craving the sugar free grape kool-aid single serving pouches. So this got me thinking, what would be things I would love for there to be when I got home? This is not to be a downer, because honestly I would choose Italy over any Crystal Light packet. So mom,please take some notes...
- Obviously, Single serving drink mixes.
- Tide Total Care Laundry Detergent
- Ice cubes
- Biolage Volumizing Conditioner
- Iron Suppliments
- A belt
- A new car (totally worth a try)
On another note, during me spending some time on the beautiful steps of Perugia I actually got a lot of journaling done and here are some things I came up with:
I think somewhere, there is an old Italian woman inside of me. I get no greater joy than to realize there is beautiful weather outside and push open our shutters with all of my might (this of course, is something I picture little Italian women doing). I would personally like to challenge anyone to find me a more beautiful sight than a sunny day in Perugia. An old Italian man once told me that in nice spring weather I would want to sit on the steps of the church until my cheeks were red and burned. He was right. Springtime is coming and I couldn't be more thrilled. I had a friend actually tell me last night that although she was sure that she would come back to Italy later in life, she wasn't sure that she would come back to Perugia. This, to me doesn't make sense. I think this might be where that Italian in me comes into play. Italians are usually very rooted in their hometowns and rarely move from them. To be honest, I haven't been rooted to a single town in a while. My heart is in so many places, it only seems natural that part of it stay in Perugia as well . Some of why I love Perugia reminds me of how I fell in love with my college. While I could say I just ended up in both places and ended up liking them, I think that might be an understatement. My best friend and I always used to make fun of Presbyterian College and call it a cult in high school. We did such because everyone who went there said they loved it, but no one could tell you why. Now that I go to PC, I can tell you some qualities about it that I like, but cannot really give one solid answer of why I love it there. Perugia, to me, is the same way. It isn't that we have a Colosseum or giant famous sculptures, or grand sights to see. I think that those things are nice, but it isn't why the cities that have them are great. What Perugia has to offer (at least to me) are many things that are not traditional. Perugia offers Italy's fourth ugliest cathedral, one famous fresco tucked away in the city, town characters that can always make you smile, and places that make you feel at home after only a short while. Now, I realize I am biased, but these things all sound appealing as a place to live. It never gets old going on a walk and seeing the panoramic views around the city. I sure hope this won't be my last visit to Italy, but surely not to Perugia.
In the meantime, Psychology is calling my name. I want to get my work done so I can enjoy tonight with friends and (hopefully) a sunny day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment