So yesterday we woke up pretty early and headed out to our apartment. My roommate Leigha and I met our other apartment-mates Emily and another Molly and headed off to our new home, Via Bartolo 40. Being one of the lone southerners in my program (pretty sure that the people from PC are the only southerners), I am the only one who thinks it is cold at 40 degrees. The people I live with are: Emily from Rochester, Molly from Philedelphia, and Leigha from somewhere in Massachusetts. Our apartment is absolutely beautiful and absolutely cold. It is Italian law that you can only have 7 hours of heat a day. If you ask my father, he can tell you how much I love manipulating the heat/AC to my liking. So sleeping all bundled up is the only option.
Next, our big task was to go grocery shopping. Seeing as no one in my apartment really speaks Italian past the basic salutations, we went with the people from a nearby apartment because they have a girl who speaks really well. We went to Meta this little cramped place and bought some basics like pasta, sauce, water, and wine. After realizing we wouldn't probably head back there for a while because the lady yelled at Leigha and Molly for using grocery bags, not totally sure why, we found a really close by locally owned grocer.
We also took a walking tour of our own and given by the school. This city is a bit more urban than I expected, but beautiful none the less. It has so much character and beauty and little things that you don't expect. We are up on a mountain so once you walk to the city edge you have an amazing breathtaking view.
The people here are wonderful, not only are the school staff helpful, but the locals that really care about the students you can really tell. The local grocer actually saw my roommate struggling carrying around her groceries that she didn't get in a bag and gave her a bag from her own store so she would be able to walk around and get what she needed.
Hopefully, I will post some pictures of the apartment soon. We are currently using someones internet that happened to work this morning from our living room.
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment